Monday, October 24, 2011

Must finish this - Update 1

So, 2 weeks later, where am I? Well, first off, I think I've struck on a good thing with this "self-motivation post" idea. There's something about having a status report deadline that is truly motivational for me.

This past Friday, I realized that my first 2-week report was due and I had accomplished absolutely nothing. But, the report wasn't due until Monday, so I had some time to make progress ... and that's exactly what I did.

Saturday morning, I opened up that bag sitting next to the sofa.

and I thought ... "weaving in the ends on the sleeves shouldn't take too long. I'll bet I can knock both of them out in a few hours."

Not so much.



Several hours later, I had one sleeve finished.

I left off the second sleeve until Sunday afternoon. By the end of the day Sunday, I finally had both of them finished.

I didn't take a pre-weaving in photo of the sleeves, but suffice it to say that they looked quite a lot like this ...

Umm, except for the much less factor. So, as of Monday, Oct. 24, 2011, here's what the sleeves looked like - on the back ...
and on the front (no change from before ... except that the backs are actually finished, and I know it!!)

These puppies are ready to be blocked!!

The other two pieces will get packed in my luggage for my trip to Kauai. I think this will be a good down-time-at-the-conference-registration-desk project. (I can easily set it aside and then pick it right back up again.)

So, next update in 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment