Monday, October 10, 2011

Must finish this!!

This is a self-motivation post designed to overcome my finishing inertia. I don't remember exactly how long ago it was that I knit up these pieces. It was a long time ago. I suspect it may be in the range of 20+ years. (I have serious finishing inertia.)

Here's the front ...
and the back ...
(A close up of the flower motif)

And not just one sleeve ...
But both sleeves are finished ...
So, what's next is weaving in the ends ...
Ugh!! Is it any wonder I set this task aside!! (Or any wonder that I have subsequently learned to weave in as I go whenever possible!!!)

Nevertheless, I will get it done. This is a great winter sweater - good colors, interesting design, warm. So, I've set it in a bag next to the sofa ...
and I will get to work weaving in those ends. To keep up my motivation, I'm going to commit to posting status updates every 2 weeks until it's finished.

First, though, there's Bill's hat to wrap up. (It's soooo close ... and, of course, requires almost no finishing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment