Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sheep Feet Socks - Part 2

After completing the toe, I decided to try the Spiraling Coriolis pattern from Cat Bordhi's, "New Pathways for Sock Knitters, Book One". I wanted to try her Sweet Tomato Heel as well. So, I made a few adjustments to the arch expansion calculation.

One of the things I love about knitting toe-up socks is being able to try them on as I go ... and make adjustments.
Here's a close-up of the Spiraling Coriolis pattern ...
It's a little subtler than I thought it would be, but I like it.

Now, though, it's time to break out what I think is one of the most useful tools for a knitter ...
Yep, a kitchen scale.

In this case, I need to find out just how much of my 100g skein I've used up so far. And the answer is ...
Hmmm ... I didn't have anklets in mind. It appears that I will indeed need to figure out my "punt" position after all.

My first step will be finding more yarn and I have an off-island trip coming up soon, so I think I'll stop at the LYS in Mt. Vernon to see if they have a nice, complimentary yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment