Saturday, September 24, 2011

Memory Lane: The Idea

My recollection of things I've knit and given away is not always that great. Sometimes it takes seeing an old photo or leftover yarn in my stash to remind me of something I knit years ago.

With all my documenting of recent projects, I thought it would be fun to go back to some of the oldies and, given the sorry state of my memory and the fact that I don't have digital images of those oldies, I will need some help with this task. So, I'm going to contact the victims (er, recipients) of my knitting and ask them to send me photos - preferably at least one shot of the item being modeled. Hopefully, the really horrendous items have long since disappeared, but if any are still around, I'm game for those too.

Oh dear, simply taking the time to write about past projects has reminded me that I did once knit a sweater for a boyfriend and, naturally, experienced the Boyfriend Sweater Curse. I will not be contacting him!! (And I do remember that sweater.)

Oh, and this reminds me that I have not yet knit a sweater for my husband!! Perhaps I should re-think this Memory Lane idea.

Naw, I'll get to the sweater for Bill. We have time. Plus, I need to finish the hat to go with his new gloves first.

It only seems fair that I pull out my own oldies as well. So, I'll do that too. Oh and maybe I'll scan old photos ... or threaten to post scans of old photos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment